Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Poor Sick Baby

Well folks, sorry it's been a while since I last posted, Weston has been one sick baby!! Last week on October 13, Weston decided that he no longer wanted to eat anything. So he went a day and half with only eating 10 ounces, so I called the doctor. We made an appointment on Tuesday and we went to see the doctor. The doctor thought he might have a case of reflux, even though he didn't spit up. His reflux is the kind that settles in his chest (not good). So we started the meds that evening.

Weston still didn't want to eat, but now every time he did he immediately pooped it all back out. So I was once again back on the phone to the doctor. They said that there is a virus going around causing that, so wait 7 days and see if he starts to feel better, give him Milk and Pedalite to help keep him hydrated.

So needless to say these past 6 days have been filled with lots of poopy diapers. But on the positive side of it all, Weston has still been in a great mood. Even though his little bottom is raw as can be, he still smiles and talks, and hasn't been fussy at all. As I normally say, he really is such a great baby!! We have some new pictures from the past couple of weeks and I'll work on getting them up tonight.

I'll give Weston extra kisses for everyone!!

1 comment:

Lindsey, Benjamin, Bailey, and Chad said...

Poor kid! It turns out on Monday when he had to come to school---that, he only wanted me to feed him! He went on a bottle strike! Luckily, he wasn't sick...he refused to eat from the bottle. Hope Weston feels better!