Some may know, but others may not. Last year around March I started having a tough time taking a deep breath, it continued for a month. I just felt like I couldn't finish a deep breath, I was striving for that last intake of air to finish the deep breath. When I finally had enough I went to the doctor. The did x-rays and decided at the time it was Pleurisy. So they told me to rest, and it would take care of itself. Well it did take care of itself. Then around late August it came back for about month, again it took care of itself.
Then in November it was back, this time it didn't leave. It just got more annoying with time. In January, it got the point where I couldn't exercise anymore, I was running low on energy and I just had enough. So I went to a new doctor, who went through every disease check list he could think of. He wasn't concerned with cancer or anything along those line, since I had no cough and my lung sounded clear. He came to the decision that it was constant pleurisy. So he treated me with a medication to help. Well it helped a little but not a whole lot. It was still tough to finish a deep breath. So back I went. This time he tested a theory of asthma. Went on breathing treatments and an inhaler, and again some help, but not a whole lot.
So yesterday I went for a CT scan of my lung cavity. The doctor assured me that he was 95% sure that it was going to come back clear, so I wasn't too worried at all. For those of you who have never had a CT scan, it was quite a funny and strange experience. My picture taker (I can't remember her title), was such an awesome lady, she made the whole experience seem easy and funny. I had to have a dye IV so they could get clear pictures. She warned me that the when the injection took place it was going to feel like hot water was poured through my blood veins, and that I would probably feel extremely warm and might sweat. I would also get and intense copper taste in mouth and it would probably feel as though I wet my pant. So here I am laying on the table in a robe with six blankets on top of me, freezing cold and desperately trying not pee on myself. So for the first 20 minutes it was normal pictures no dye, then she came on the intercom and announce she is going inject the dye. And sure enough I started to sweat, I had fifty pennies in mouth, and I peed my pants. Ohh great!! She comes back and announce I am done and time to change. So I start laughing (mind you I am still sweating, and still have about 20 pennies left in my mouth) and I announce to her that I am 98% sure I wet myself. She bust out laughing and says "No it just feels that way, no one has ever actually wet themselves." I proceed to tell her that today was a first. As it turns out I did NOT wet myself and she was right. She did admit that I was the first person that had almost convinced her that I did wet myself.
So what were the results?.......... All clear!! Which is wonderful news, but also a little saddening, I was so ready to solve my mystery. Now I have to get appointments with two different types of specialists. So the breathing mystery continues. I'll keep ya posted!
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment