Well folks we survived my first big trip away from home. I made it alright and so did the boys!!
In case some of you weren't sure where I went..... I headed to Dallas with the Bryan High School Key club to the annual T-O Key Club Convention. In case you aren't sure what Key Club is check it out here!! I wasn't really aware of what Key Club was when I agreed to the trip, but after the trip I am really excited about helping out more next year!! Key Club is a high school version of Kiwanis Club. The students did a great job at the contests they entered. They entered 3 contest and won two of them. We took a group of 11 kids. There were 1200 other attendees. So, basically what I am saying here is our group of kids did an amazing job to win over the other great kids!! It was such a great experience to see how kids can be so focused and dedicated to helping others!! It has inspired me to become more service bound!!
Since I am becoming more service bound. Here are few links to some fundraisers we thinking about participating in!!! Maybe you can join too, or look in to finding something you want to help in!!
1. Sporting Clays- Kiwanis Club
2. Mayday Challenge- Junction's 505
3. DuckJam- Duck Unlimited
(If you know of any other fun service projects happening soon, let me know!!)
Weston and Justin survived without me!! Which was wonderful news, and a little sad too. It just means that my little guy is becoming a little man and can cope with out me. Justin says they hung out around the house b/c the weather was a little rainy on Friday and Saturday.
Sorry there are no pictures this blog. I'll try to get some this evening and update tomorrow!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment