Thursday, April 22, 2010

Busy Busy

So this past few weeks we have been busy busy!! 

Last week I went to Key Club Convention in Dallas, TX.  In case you're not sure what Key Club is, it is the largest high school service organization in the world.  We do all kinds of service projects in the community.  I am usually doing at least two or three activities a month.  We competed in several categories, Most Improved Club, Single Service Project, Outstanding Secretary, Outstanding President, Outstanding Faculty Advisor (Mr. Vaughan).  The competition was really tough, and many clubs did outstanding projects this year.  We won Most Improved club in the Texas-Oklahoma District, 1st place for Single Service Project (Shattered Dreams), and we are 9th out of over 300 other clubs!!  I am so proud of all the kids!  Not to mention I am pretty proud of myself for the Shattered Dreams project.  I figured up how many hours I put in from Jan. to March 11, over 400 hours!! Wow.

While I was away the boys will play.  Justin took Weston to the Maroon and White game at Kyle Field.  Weston loved it.  He got the chance to go down on to the field after the game to run around.  He also got to give a yell leader a high five!! Justin said they were pretty much the last people out of Kyle Field.  Daddy learned an important lesson, not to forget the camera.  No pictures, sorry folks.

Here we are with our awards!

No comments: