Ok, I have now stolen two receipes from my friend Lindsey. She posted this on her blog back in March and I got around to trying it last week, I am a huge fan of it. She got it from this website: click here, you can see step by step pictures on this website! They are really easy to make and I suggest you try it.
Hot Crash Potatoes: (All my thought are in parentheses)
Ingredients:
12 whole New Potatoes or Other Small Round Potatoes (I used only 5 potatoes, and cut them in half, I also peeled them mostly. I left only a little peel on them.)
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil (I used way more than this)
Kosher Salt To Taste
Black Pepper To Taste
Rosemary or Other Herbs Of Choice To Taste
(Parmesan Cheese, the fresh kind, not the stuff in the shaker can)
Preparation Instructions:
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in as many potatoes as you wish to make and cook them until they are fork-tender.
On a sheet pan, generously drizzle olive oil (I went ahead covered the whole pan). Place tender potatoes on the cookie sheet leaving plenty of room between each potato. (I cut them in half )
With a potato masher, gently press down each potato until it slightly mashes, rotate the potato masher 90 degrees and mash again. Brush the tops of each crushed potato generously with more olive oil.
Sprinkle potatoes with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and fresh chopped rosemary or chives or thyme or whatever herb you have available. (The woman said to use a lot of salt, but I would go easy on the Kosher salt)
(I also added Parmesan Cheese 5 mintues before they were done.)
Bake in a 450 degree oven for 20-25
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment