Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Trains, Trains, and more Trains

So Weston is in love with trains, but only the wooden Thomas the Train Engine!!  Let's just say that our son has expensive taste. We have about 15 train engines, and a huge three circle wooden track, complete with a coal mine in the middle of the living room floor. It doesn't look like it takes up much room, ohh but it does.  We cannot leave the house without at least two trains.

First we started with just a small circle track, next we upgraded to the figure 8, after that we added an expansion set, and last but not least we added the coal mine. Well after all the additions, we had to put it all together and make sure it all connected back together.  Let's just say it's not as easy as it looks to connect everything together. So Justin and I struggled for about three days to make it all connect together, but we kept coming up short of a piece that needed two of the same sides.  Which is so freaking difficult to find!!!!!  It kept nagging the heck out of us, that we couldn't complete the dang thing. But I succeeded and found the missing piece today at good 'ol Toy'R'Us!! I will admit that I paid way too much money to get it, but I got it and that's all that matters. So I immediately drove home and put it together and completed the track. I felt like a huge success, and when Justin and Weston got home they were so super excited too. Well to be honest just Justin was really excited, Weston didn't really notice a difference.

So I have decided that my life now revolves around Thomas the Train, and I am alright with it, it sure did feel good to complete that last circle!!

Weston was suppose to be in his bed, but he snuck into the living room right as I clicked the photo.  It was too funny, and so classic. I couldn't have gotten a better picture.

No comments: