Sunday, May 30, 2010

Lots of new things


Well some changes have been made at our house. Justin is now a MWD Engineer for Leam Drilling, which means I am single parent while he is gone.

He started early mid May. What does MWD stand for? Measurement While Drilling. I'll have Justin write a post about what he does and all that it includes, I am still learning myself. From what I understand, he is in charge of making sure that the drill is on course to reach the gas/oil. He watches the data on the computer screens and records and reports the feedback from the tool that's down hole. He is really enjoying it!

The bad part of it all is that he is on the rig site for 2-3 weeks at a time and then home for 3 days!! So I am glad, yet sad. He went out on his first job around May 13th, they finished the job early so he was able to come on May 29th. Now he going back out, and we are thinking he might be back in 3 weeks. It's a long time to be without Daddy, but we are making it when he is gone. It's been hard, and we are trying to stay busy to make the time go faster. Weston has done alright with Daddy being gone. He ask about once or twice a day where Daddy is, I tell him that Daddy is working, and his reply is "Oh Man!" This past two and half weeks have gone by quick, so hopefully the next three will too!

We stayed pretty busy going to school, hanging out with friends, going to the park, and traveling to Fort Worth to visit family. We traveled to Forth Worth a couple of weekends ago to attend the passing of my Mimi. She is my dad's step-mother. She was such an amazing person, and I am going to miss her! She knitted Weston a baby blanket, and we will always treasure it.

We have quite a bit on the schedule for the next few weeks, so lets hope it goes quick for our next Daddy visit. Uncle Michael graduates high school on June 4th. We are so proud of him. We are starting swimming lessons June 7-18. We are hoping Mimi can come visit one of those weeks, she is currently checking her schedule. Weston and I plan on going to the Children's Museum one weekend. We might even go visit the Alpaca Farm in Bryan. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on all our fun this summer.

Below are some pictures from May:
Duck Jam 2010


New Sand and Water Table




Fort Worth: PawPaw, Momma, Aunt Taylor, PooPaw, and Great Aunt Allie (she is 99, she is my PawPaw's aunt)



Daddy's Visit Home!!

No comments: