Monday, May 31, 2010

Weston's Bike on Momma's Bike

Today after Daddy left I decided that Weston and I needed to do something to help distract him and me from thinking and asking for Daddy. So I came up with the idea of getting a seat for my bike for Weston to ride in. Justin and I talked about getting one several times, but we always thought about it in the winter or on a rainy day. Well today was the day I was going to make it happen.

So off I went today to get one, well before I did that I actually went and looked at my bike which had been sitting outside and rained on for about 5 months, a little rust in places, flat tires, but overall ride able. So we went to Wal-Mart first to get everything. I had to get a tire pump to inflate my tires, and Weston had to get a helmet. He picked out his own helmet, I believe it was love at first site, it has tractors all over it. Next we picked out the seat. I got this one!

We got home, and I took everything out of the box and got it already to go, well 2 hours later nothing was attached to the bike and I was pretty angry with everything!! I then put everything back in box muttered some not so nice words, got back in the car with Weston, and went back to Wal-Mart. I returned the stupid thing and went to Academy. Where I picked up this one! Back home we went, took it out of the box and had it on the bike in 30 minutes! I was excited, and Weston was excited!

We went on three bike rides today! Each one about thirty minutes long! Did I mention before that my bike is a cruiser not a mountain bike, which makes it pretty darn hard to get up hills, even a small rise? Well needless to say, I am pooped, tired, and I am going to be sore tomorrow! It's a great exercise method. Weston loves it. This evening we packed a little bag and went to the park with some juice and a snack. We played at the park, and then got back on the bike where Weston proceeded to have his juice and snack, while mom huffed it back home! I am thinking this is going to become our evening ritual!

He did not smile once, because he was yelling at me to put the camera up and get on the bike!



No comments: